The Finance Department is responsible for maintaining the financial integrity of the City and providing a wide range of financial support services. The Finance Department ensures the timeliness and accuracy of financial information, the adequacy of internal accounting and budgetary controls, and safekeeping of the City's financial assets.
Finance Department functions include:
- Accounting for all financial transactions and preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
- Preparing the annual budget and providing on-going monitoring of the budget throughout the year
- Developing a long-term fiscal forecast and financial planning information
- Managing the City's financial software system
- Ambulance billing and collecting for services provided by the McMinnville Fire Department
- Coordinating the accounts payable process and payments to vendors
- Administering payroll processing and employee benefits
- Administering property and liability insurance claims
- Issuing and managing the City's debt
- Investing public finds and ensuring efficient banking services for all City operations
- Assisting City departments as needs on various financial issues, including internal control development and compliance
Financial Reporting Award
The Finance Department has received the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting each year since 1988. The Certificate was awarded to the City for publishing a Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) that meets the GFOA standards for excellence and that complies with generally accepted accounting principles and applicable legal requirements.
Online Lien Search
This fee-based program enables registered users to view the City's online lien docket. To access this system, contact Marcia Baragary at 503-434-2350. Registered users can access the site directly at https://conduits.nassets.net/app/login/login.na.